CAUTION

This 'blog will contain words like ovulation and cirvical fluid, as well as graphic descriptions of female bodily processes, if I feel like sharing any. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

This Babe Inside

This baby has been kicking me in the spine all day!!! It is extremely uncomfortable. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't feel the actual kick like I can when s/he kicks other places, but only a sharp shooting pain in my lower back, just above the tail bone that fades very quickly, but leaves me a little sore. I also feel it kicking around my hips and the bottom of my belly today, so I know it is kicking and not some dangerous sign of pregnancy disaster. I don't remember Willow doing this to me.

Anyway, what I really want to say is, I love being pregnant. I love it so much. I can't think of anything more amazing or wonderful or awesome or divine to do with my body than nourish a new life as it forms to house a spirit child of Heavenly Father. This is the ultimate in female human creative ability. And I don't even have to actively do anything. It just works inside of me all on its own. I love it. I love it so much.

Of course there are discomforts (like the above I was describing), but they pass. The morning sickness passes, the fatigue comes and goes, the weak bladder isn't constant, but the wonder is always there. It never leaves. The giddy excitment of participating in this supreme creative act overshadows any possible temporary irritation. And every irritation is temporary. I love being pregnant.

No comments: