CAUTION

This 'blog will contain words like ovulation and cirvical fluid, as well as graphic descriptions of female bodily processes, if I feel like sharing any. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Probably Pregnant

I don't get to find out for another week (Merry Christmas to me), but I'm assuming I'm pregnant. I guess that's really nothing new, but I have had a really acute sense of smell for the last week and am randomly nauseated throughout the day. And then some days, almost all day long, I will not notice anything at all--exactly like when I really am pregnant and don't feel pregnant at all and so sometimes I forget for a minute. So I must be, right?

The Hand of the Lord: Last night my sister's almost-2-year-old was inconsolable. He had been fussy all day long and now, at bed time, was crying hysterically. She could not find anything obviously wrong with him, so she didn't know what to do to comfort him. We could hear him crying from downstairs and I finally said to Kevin, "perhaps you should go offer to help give him a blessing." As soon as I said it I heard footsteps on the stairs and my sister's husband came in with a questioning look and said, "Um..." Kevin and I turned to each other and smiled, which confused him and so I clarified, "Yes, he will. I was just suggesting he should offer."

Kevin assisted my brother-in-law in administering to his son and then came back down. Within minutes the crying stopped. The next morning I asked my sister how things went and she said immediately following the blessing she was able to calm him down and put him into bed. Just a few minutes after that he threw up. They cleaned him up and he calmed down again and he easily went to sleep. This morning he has seemed just fine.j

I know the Lord does inspire us in caring for our children and I know that He has granted to any man who will live His commandments and make and keep His covenants and be ordained through proper authority the opportunity to exercise the Priesthood to bless his own family and others. It is His power. I recognize it every time I see it at work. I know he loves us.

No comments: