CAUTION

This 'blog will contain words like ovulation and cirvical fluid, as well as graphic descriptions of female bodily processes, if I feel like sharing any. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Gauntlet

The gauntlet has been thrown. The challenge has been made. Neoma is Pregnant.

Yesterday I didn't see her for most of the day, and when she came home in the evening I was at the computer. She asked if I had read her blog yet today. I said no and she told me I should. I said OK.

A couple of minutes later she walked by, noticed I wasn't reading it yet and said, "You're not reading my blog fast enough." Ever oblivious (I totally didn't see Kevin's marriage proposal coming, either), I opened her blog in a different tab, then went back to what I was doing before reading it.

A couple of minutes later Neoma walked up behind me and tossed something right next to my hands on the keyboard--a pregnancy test with a grinning blue + in the middle of it.

I'm so happy for Neoma. And a little sad we don't get to enjoy any of our hypopregnia together this time around (I'm not there yet, and, well, she's officially over it for the next year). But mostly I'm happy. I'm actually not jealous (at least deep down. There is a little surface jealousy). I am content knowing the the Lord is doing my family planning. My body is exactly where it should be because I am doing what He asks me to do and leaving the rest to Him. And this is a kind of peace that no money, nor any amount of scheduling, planning, tracking, drugs, or intervention can buy.

No comments: