CAUTION

This 'blog will contain words like ovulation and cirvical fluid, as well as graphic descriptions of female bodily processes, if I feel like sharing any. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Not This Time

Still not pregnant. But I'm at peace with this for right now. With Kevin being home and knowing that there's not really any more we can do on our end than we have done (without medical intervention, but I'm pretty sure we don't need that right now), and finding that the Lord is still contriving events so that no new child is coming to our family right now, He must have a really good reason for it. I don't know what that reason is, and I would still love to have another one soon, but I am beginning to see the wonderful things about not having a baby coming.

I can continue training for a triathlon like I want to do someday. (I just started this--don't be shocked. I'm nothing amazing right now, though I did swim 5/8 of a mile in the pool and run 3.25 miles on the track today, thankyouverymuch. I haven't been back on my bike since the hand surgery yet. I'll tell you how it goes, though probably not here.) I can spend lots of individual time with Willow and Rhys, which is way fun. I can take whatever medication I feel like. Plans for the next few years will likely only need to include potentially one more child instead of 2.

I still want a big family. I'm still planning that our family will grow. But I'm also beginning to find contentment with here and now, not always anxious looking for future happiness. I know this feeling comes from the Lord. I am grateful for his blessings in my life. I am thankful for His comfort when my hopes are not realized, especially with the prospect of Kevin probably leaving in the next week or so, meaning not pregnant now means probably not pregnant until sometime in the Spring. I love my Husband, too.

I guess that's all for now.

Signing off.

No comments: